We have a team of 3 Gas Safe Engineers (Registration No. 502969), who are committed to providing a safe service and protecting your property.
What is the Gas Safe Register?
Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the single gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010. It is the only official gas registration body, and by law, all gas businesses must be on the Gas Safe Register.
A Gas Safe engineer can only be associated with a registered business and be issued with a license to carry out gas work on behalf of that business if they hold a valid and current qualification. This license only relates to matters of gas safety and is obtained by each engineer through a recognised route of training and assessment.
A business is only given registration based on having at least one Gas Safe qualified engineer. The Gas Safe register is not a membership body or trade association.
What does the Gas Safe Register do?
The Gas Safe Register aims to protect the public from unsafe gas work and looks to achieve this through:
- a national investigations team tracking down illegal gas workers
- regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- investigating reports of unsafe gas work
Our Gas Safe engineers all carry an official ID card, and you check our credentials on the Gas Safe register.
What is OFTEC?
OFTEC is the leading ‘not for profit’ trade organisation for heating and cooking industries in the UK and Republic of Ireland. OFTEC works to promote high standards for technicians and businesses working in these industries and to further support heating users.
What services does OFTEC provide?
OFTEC provides a number of services for consumers, heating professionals, manufacturers and training providers.
For you, the consumer, these services include:
- OFTEC registered businesses are regularly trained and inspected to ensure their tradespeople are competent and follow building regulations and industry codes of practice.
- Technician search facility helps consumers find an OFTEC registered heating business in their local area.
- Free information on OFTEC’s website, social media and publications for heating users. Topics covered include oil, solid fuel and renewable heating systems.
- Consultancy service for facilities managers, offering equipment inspection and evaluation. OFTEC also offers dispute resolution and professional development training.
- All work carried out by OFTEC registered technicians has a 6 year workmanship warranty for your peace of mind.
What is the APHC?
APHC is the Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors and is a not-for-profit trade body for the plumbing and heating industry in England and Wales. The APHC represents all sizes of plumbing companies, ranging from sole traders to large organisations.
What does the APHC do?
The APHC helps plumbers and heating contractors to run success businesses and works to ensure that consumers receive high standards of workmanship and service.
Through close work with key stakeholders such as Government, Local Authorities, Training Bodies and Consumer Organisations, the APHC helps ensure that the plumbing and heating industry is promoted properly, and its registered contractors are represented fairly.
The APHC also encourages training and best practice within the industry, providing you the consumer with reassurance of a quality service and workmanship.
What is the FSB?
The FSB, or Federation of Small Businesses works to support small and medium sized businesses across the UK. It is a member-led, not-for-profit and non-party political organisation that lobbies local and national government on behalf of small business and the self-employed.
The FSB also offers a range of benefits including advice on tax, legal, health and safety and HR matters, access to employee benefits, local network groups and business banking.
For Amber Heating Solutions, FSB membership helps us to run our business more efficiently and provide a better level of service to both our staff and customers.